1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What Are these lawns worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RYAN, Mar 6, 2006.

1. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I am getting out of the business and am looking to sell my lawns. I have around 70 residential lawns that average $28.00 per cut with a tight route. I was told by a friend I who owns a large lawn company that they would sell for around $25-30 per cut. But now the friend is interested in buying them so I am wondering if he gave me a low price. What do you guys think?

2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Why pay for something you can get for free?

3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

70 lawns X $28 average ea. = $1960 X 3 weeks = $5880.

That would be the average going rate in this area if you have contracts and a no compete clause.

4. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

How many cuts per year on these clients?

How do you get paid by them?

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I would look at your books and have him look also. I wouldn't pay for any more than 1 months of mowing for consistant customers. Bi-week customers don't count IMO, Don't look to get rich.:laugh:

6. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

CONTRACTED accounts up here are generally worth 2 mo. of income. I stress that the only real sellable account is one that is currently contracted and has been for 2 or more seasons.