1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your minor annoyances when mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowerGuy, Aug 28, 2016.

1. MowerGuy

MowerGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I know everyone likes to talk about the big things, but what are some small things that annoy you when mowing.

Two off the top of my head are; neighbors that don't string trim their side of the fence and cost you time, and bums who don't blow off their curb and rain washes their crap in front of your properties.

What are some of yours?

2. Dwp97

Dwp97 LawnSite Member

Can't stand it when people throw trash out the window into people's yard. And guess who has to pick it up

3. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Locked gates, or special mowing times due to pets.

4. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to edge and it's comes to clean then neighbors edge that hasn't been edged in years and you have to edge their sidewalk

Cam15 and MowerGuy like this.
  5. K c m

K c m LawnSite Silver Member

Toys, and bumpy spots. Like where there are little patches of grass and bare spots.

6. huskerlover

huskerlover LawnSite Member

- Dog poop. For god's sake clean up your yard.

- I mow a property that has a huge walnut tree, and every year about this time it drops walnuts all over the place. I know it's just a matter of time before I roll an ankle.

7. Tonset

Tonset LawnSite Senior Member

Belt breaks, dog poop (in face mouth eyes and nose), flat tire, tree poke in eye, dog poop on wheels, wet dog poop on hills, bee stings, dead battery, broken recoil stater rope, hitting lacrosse ball that hits brick wall then back to your head, forgetting to set park brake, trampolines, swing/play sets, pools, snakes, rats, gophers, pocket gophers, running out of gas, gettin pissed on by dog on a deck as you pass by, forget to bring blower, blower tube comes apart at swivel, sunburn, getting covered by spiders, trees in yard, lawns with no access, customers, dog walkers, cycle jockeys, rainy days, forgetting water, tripping on roots, bird poop on head, rose bushes, thorny shrubs, pea gravel near glass, metal edging with plastic cap that falls off, driving mower thru gravel beds to get to back yard, medical waste on grass, irrigation turning on, mowing high sprinkler heads, and those stupid full to the top dog poop bags left on lawn.

8. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

This and people leaving crap out in the yard wanting you to move it around so sick of it just want to barrel over all of it haha

got John Deere Trash Receptacle Kit on mine and ungers never leave the seat hehe

good gawd took forever to find pic I need to be uploading into site but got to many pics and use offsite to reduce file size and upload

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  9. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

You should get that gopher stick thing so you can pick uo the trash and put iy in your bucket lol

southerntide likes this.
  10. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

I hate it when prople have their kids leave toys and power wheels in their yard. It just annoys me when i spend more time picking up toys than mowing im here to mow im not a maid