• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

What are your thoughts on this?

Craftybigdog

LawnSite Senior Member
Alright guys I have to come up with a bid by this weekend. Its 2 beds the first is a circle and is 60' across. The second is 350'X 30'. Now they want all the bushes taken out and the trees left. The mulch taken out and then topsoil brought in and seed and straw. Im gonna attach some pictures. They have a place in the development to dump everything. I have my own skidsteer and harley rake. Im just trying to come up with a ball park figure. Just a rough estimate is 85 yds of topsoil, Thank you.

DSCF0201.JPG

DSCF0202.JPG

DSCF0203.JPG

DSCF0204.JPG

DSCF0205.JPG

NNJLandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hey Jason

Well seems like a good size job. I would basically just take your rate to spread topsoil figure out how much material will cost you price to spread it. Then figure out your machine costs, plus your trucking fees for dumping, to tell you the truth some of those plants (the berberis and a few other shrubs, forget the grasses though) dont look in bad shape if you have a spot at your lot or house, try n save them maybe youll find a use for them on a job and get some extra money, Im like that, but whatever. For this job Id say around $8000.00-12,000.00 Good Luck

Jeff

Coffeecraver

LawnSite Senior Member
NNJLandman said:
Hey Jason

Well seems like a good size job. I would basically just take your rate to spread topsoil figure out how much material will cost you price to spread it. Then figure out your machine costs, plus your trucking fees for dumping, to tell you the truth some of those plants (the berberis and a few other shrubs, forget the grasses though) dont look in bad shape if you have a spot at your lot or house, try n save them maybe youll find a use for them on a job and get some extra money, Im like that, but whatever. For this job Id say around $8000.00-12,000.00 Good Luck

Jeff

I come up with about the same 10,000-12,000

:)

OP
Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog

LawnSite Senior Member
I turned in the bid yesterda, so thank you guys for your help. What was funny is he mentioned maybe the development would rent a skid steer and do it themselves. Thats when I said thats fine. Well see