Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
Ummmm...if I had to guess, I would probably go out on a limb here and say you would need the same equipment as what got stolen... If it was me, I would get a 48" Walker and a 21" Husqvarna. Also get a 2401 Redmax trimmer, and a Redmax edger and backpack blower.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
i got all the equipment and lawns from my dad when he quit mowing. thats why i dont know alot about starting from scratch. all i knew was how to work the equipment and maintain it. i didnt know everything my its name.

The question sounds more like someone who wants to get into the business more than one who has been into the business for 3 years. My 16 year old son could tell you every piece of equipment I own and brand name, type of fuel used and string size for each trimmer. If you are wanting advice to start a business just ask but don't try to sound like you have been doing this for 3 years.

I own a 3 year old lawn care business but after after returning from vacation i noticed that all my equipment was stolen. Its been over 6 months since i lost everything and im trying to start over. what equipment should i have to get back on my feet? I only have 13 small/med sized yards and 1 estate sized yard and im limited on money. can someone please help me out?
Thanks,
Zach Kemp
I don't think most of the posts are to be-little you but read your post over a few times and think of what you are asking.

1."You have been running a lawn business for 3 years and all of your equipment has been stolen". That is a bad thing to happen but it does happen.

2. "It has been 6 months since it happened". How did you finish your customers last season without equipment? My last fall cleanup was November 11th. I live in NW Minnesota about 60 miles from the Canadian border.

3. "What equipment do I need to get back on my feet?" You will know better than anyone. This question is pointless due to the fact nobody knows what you are mowing. The equipment that was stolen, is what you should be replacing because it worked for you. In the 3 years you have been in the business, you should have an idea if you need to go with bigger or smaller equipment based on your properties. The equipment I own might not work for your properties and vise versa.

4."I have 13 small/medium size yards". Are you sure? If you didn't finish them last year they may be gone.

5."I'm limited on money". Did you have your business equipment insured? That money should have been rolled back into the business to purchase more equipment and to keep your customers.

Again, the replies are just based on the question.

I came to this site for advise so if everyones just gonna talk S**T about me then dont reply. i know what i have did so say what you want i guess.

if your going to lie (DON'T POST) we can only help with truth.

My 16 year old son could tell you every piece of equipment I own and brand name, type of fuel used and string size for each trimmer.
my 2 1/2 year old can tell you which is my scag, bobcat, and kubota. he also knows they take fuel. when he figures out this internet thing ill have him throw some help your way.

dude.....wheres your car??....we already pulled over, we cant pull over any more

okay all kidding aside.

A mower (the thing that cuts the grass), a trimmer (a piece of equipment that will trim around items), a blower (used to blow debris off of hard surfaces), a edger (to edge between walks/drive and turf), a gas can (carries around extra fuel for your equipment), Shirt (looks more professional), pants (a must have), socks (to keep the feet dry), shoes (so to not look like a hillbilly), hat (optional), truck (to pull around equipment), truck (to pull trailer).

okay all kidding aside.

A mower (the thing that cuts the grass), a trimmer (a piece of equipment that will trim around items), a blower (used to blow debris off of hard surfaces), a edger (to edge between walks/drive and turf), a gas can (carries around extra fuel for your equipment), Shirt (looks more professional), pants (a must have), socks (to keep the feet dry), shoes (so to not look like a hillbilly), hat (optional), truck (to pull around equipment), truck (to pull trailer).
Ok what happened to the trailer? or was it in the truck. I hope the original poster isn't offended by our remarks, we can all tell you what we have and where it is on any given truck or trailer.

Your gear is gone (So no maintenance on anything for 6 months) Your accounts are gone (Great Buddy) Now you need equipment list for starting up again, what are you thinking. If your are new just say so and we can all help a new guy, but 3 years and you have to ask....

Come on Francis... get a life

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.