Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get a blower soon a backpack blower and am wondering if redmax is still a good blower to get. I hear a lot about getting shocked and really don't want to deal with that. I was considering echo and stihl also. What advantages do those two have and disadvantages? I was looking at echo because I have used a pb 403 before and it worked good. No problems at all. I want to spend 300-400. What blower is for me? :help:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
S man said:
I'm going to get a blower soon a backpack blower and am wondering if redmax is still a good blower to get. I hear a lot about getting shocked and really don't want to deal with that. I was considering echo and stihl also. What advantages do those two have and disadvantages? I was looking at echo because I have used a pb 403 before and it worked good. No problems at all. I want to spend 300-400. What blower is for me? :help:
Change your fonts dude. This is the equivalent of cyber-yelling. To answer your question, I prefer Redmax blowers. The shear power alone out-weighs any of the other trivial concerns.

418 Posts
This summer when i was buying my equipment, $159.99, i love that thing. Have the homelite that ive had since i was 11 for backup. When i buy a backpack itll be a Echo

·
Registered
291 Posts
Rhett said:
I have stihl 420 and a echo 651. The stihl is just abut worthless compared to the echo. Waht a waste of money and labor
So sorry to hear this. I bought the Sthil 420 also. I had operated fine with a hand held Sthil FS 65 for 2 years. I knew I would need to upgrade before this leaf season. The hand held played out and I bought the 420. I have not been very impressed with the power. It is definitely better, but I'm not sure it is $300. better. Plus, I think my Exmark Lazer HP gets better gas mileage than the Sthil 420. This is the first Sthil product I have been disappointed in. I bought the 420 instead of the 320 thinking that I would be getting the top of the line from Sthil, and thinking that I would later be dissappointed in the power from the 320. Then, I find the 4 mix edition for only $69. more. So, I am a little dissappointed in the "blower decision" that I made. I may talk with my dealer about a trade-in real soon before I get more hours on the 420. Don't have opportunity at "name brands" locally other that Sthil, but like I said, I always thought they were the best anyway.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Redmax all the way baby.... The 8000 rules, the 7001 is a close second. But you can't go wrong with the shindaiwa, I tried it plenty of power and lightweight. If you want a real blower then definitely the BP 8000 by Redmax. A real magnum of a backpack.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The Redmax.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see redmax looks like the winner. The reason I don't want one is because I'm afraid of the shock problems I hear about from people here and in my neighborhood. What should I do? Get a redmax or echo? Anything good about them?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.