What brand edger?

columbiaplower

LawnSite Senior Member
i need a new edger. i have been using a small walkbehind edger but it died yesterday. What is the best brand? what do u use? do cc madder as much as in a trimmer? I will be using the edger to both mantain edges and make new ones. I will also use it to edge flowwer beds. I am looking at the echo 2400 and 2600. What do ua ll think? <br>Thanks<br>-Nick

CMerLand

LawnSite Senior Member
I think im on safe ground stating this Tanaka hands down. Expensive but definately worth it. Will cut thru 4 inches of overgrown sidewalk edges in one pass at only a slightly lower then normal walking pace. Direct drive means no belts to slip or replace, plenty of power and easy to handle.

Gus

LawnSite Member
I agree that Tanaka is way to go. After dealing with belt drive edgers for years and cursing them I finally bought one last year.<br>You might be able to find a used one for close to what you want to spend.

BRET

LawnSite Member
HEY JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT OUR CREWS USE THE ECHO PE-2400&quot;S. I HAVE 6 UNITS IN EVERY DAY USE AND PLAN ON ADDING 6 MORE THIS SEASON. WE ONLY DO COMMERCIAL APARTMENTS AND THEY WORK GOOD FOR EDGING WEEKLY LIKE WE DO. THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH IF WE MISS A WEEK AND HAVE TWO WEEKS OF GROWTH. WE STICK TO THE 2400S BECAUSE THE SAME PARTS ARE IN OUR WHOLE LINE UP. I PERSONALLY HAVE USED ECHO FOR 14 YEARS.

S

scottlawns

i rented one today made by little wonder...it was very fast and worked great,the rental place said i could buy the one i used for 225.00