What brand edger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, Jun 2, 2000.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

i need a new edger. i have been using a small walkbehind edger but it died yesterday. What is the best brand? what do u use? do cc madder as much as in a trimmer? I will be using the edger to both mantain edges and make new ones. I will also use it to edge flowwer beds. I am looking at the echo 2400 and 2600. What do ua ll think? <br>Thanks<br>-Nick

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

STIHL

3. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

I think im on safe ground stating this Tanaka hands down. Expensive but definately worth it. Will cut thru 4 inches of overgrown sidewalk edges in one pass at only a slightly lower then normal walking pace. Direct drive means no belts to slip or replace, plenty of power and easy to handle.

4. OP
    OP
    columbiaplower

i dont want to pay more then $300

5. OP
    OP
    columbiaplower

i dont want to pay more then $300<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: columbiaplower

6. Gus

Gus LawnSite Member

I agree that Tanaka is way to go. After dealing with belt drive edgers for years and cursing them I finally bought one last year.<br>You might be able to find a used one for close to what you want to spend.

7. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

STHIL!!!!!!

8. BRET

BRET LawnSite Member

HEY JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT OUR CREWS USE THE ECHO PE-2400&quot;S. I HAVE 6 UNITS IN EVERY DAY USE AND PLAN ON ADDING 6 MORE THIS SEASON. WE ONLY DO COMMERCIAL APARTMENTS AND THEY WORK GOOD FOR EDGING WEEKLY LIKE WE DO. THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH IF WE MISS A WEEK AND HAVE TWO WEEKS OF GROWTH. WE STICK TO THE 2400S BECAUSE THE SAME PARTS ARE IN OUR WHOLE LINE UP. I PERSONALLY HAVE USED ECHO FOR 14 YEARS.

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have had 3 Echo PE2400's, a Stihl, and a Maruyama. I bought a Shindaiwa LE260 last year and I like it the most

10. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

i rented one today made by little wonder...it was very fast and worked great,the rental place said i could buy the one i used for 225.00