1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

What brand edger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, Jun 2, 2000.

1. OP
    OP
    columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

wb or stick?what should i get?

2. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

i think the sticks work well once you get the edgeing under control...but if they were never edged the stick would get a workout.

3. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello,<p>Stihl is coming out with a new commercial grade trimmer that will have interchangeable shafts and allow you to change the attachment sometime very soon. <p>They said it would be out by mid-year (haven't seen it yet though) and is called a FS 85rt.<p>I know the FS85 is a great machine, so I am hoping this might be too. They are the exact same units except for the changeable shaft. <p>Options include a edger, pole pruner, hedgers, line trimmer,etc. I think they are coming out with a power broom too. <p>If the changeable shaft system is sturdy, I believe this may be a good idea. Have seen other systems like this, but never was impressed. Hoping that the stihl name will make it a better product than others.<p>I'm interested because I also need a new line trimmer, and with this, I could kill more than 1 bird with 1 stone.<p>steveair<p><br>

4. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

If your going with the walk behind edger, go with the Scag, Tanaka, or McCLane