1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

What brand is this block??

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Aug 2, 2007.

  1. DVS Hardscaper

    DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,602

    I know it's not a good picture to use to ask someone "what brand".

    But on the right side you can kinda see a block sitting on the ground.

    I'm thinking it's Anchor.

    Your thoughts?

  2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

    STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,174

    What size is it? It looks like an Anchor 3 way Diamond block. Does it have a rear lip? Anchor blocks are 17.25x12x6 Anchor also makes a block called Hampton that has the same specs but is only 10" deep and only comes in gray or tan (around here). Looking at the picture again is that a 4" block? Around here I know of 3 companies that make a block like that.They are 12x8x4, which around here is called a windsor block. Hope that helps.
  3. neversatisfiedj

    neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,028

    I agree - looks like anchor. Hard to see though.
  4. DVS Hardscaper

    DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,602

    i believe the block is 6-inches.

    We are planning a rather large, elaborate, hardscape gig above the wall and and need to add onto the wall.
  5. Mike33

    Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,649

    I think it is anchor also, i have built a few of these homeowners purchased themselves and could't build. They will surprise you how heavy they are.
  6. orionkf

    orionkf LawnSite Member
    Messages: 122

    Around here it would either be a Keystone Legacy, or Anchor Diamond, depending on if it's solid or not.
  7. forestfireguy

    forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj
    Messages: 601

    I'd say it's grinnell three way bevel diamond block. If you flip it over, and there are two holes kinda sqaure with rounded corners. And the top is solid so you would not need a cap. These holes would allow you to split it in the center if you wanted to. Take one off and flip it so we can see the bottom, it would be easier to tell if we could see the bottom.

Share This Page