1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

What brand mower are you guys running?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Stegs, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Stegs

Stegs LawnSite Member

What brand mower(s) are you guys running in your company?
    Scag
    Exmark
    Toro
    Wright
    Bobcat
    Ferris

Just curious on what you run and how you like it? I have a exmark turf tracer x series with a 52" deck and i just love it....But im starting to see more and more wright mowers out there.

Let me know....this is not a "my mower is better than yours" thread. Im just want to hear from the guy who says i have had good/bad luck with this brand because of ......

2. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Senior Member

Currently have an Exmark and a Gravely but my next mower could very well be a Spartan. I used to run Dixie Chopper.

3. Stegs

Stegs LawnSite Member

Can i ask what is drawing you to a spartan over other brands? This is what im curious about

4. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Senior Member

I still need to get my hands on one and test drive it and look at it in person but it checks all the boxes I have for what I want in my next mower with the exception of the small gas tank. I've gotten used to the 12 gallon tank on my Exmark and the Spartan only comes with a 9 gallon tank which means I'm going to be stopping at the gas station nearly every day instead of every two days or so.

5. grassguy03

grassguy03 LawnSite Member

John Deere

6. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

Currently running 52 and 36 inch Snapper Pro ZTRs. Best bang for buck for me at the stage my business is in.

Few years from now will probably go Scag or Deere.

ShaneL. likes this.
  7. whammer33024

whammer33024 LawnSite Senior Member

48" scag vride and a 60" john deere z950m

8. Stegs

Stegs LawnSite Member

Ok so what is making you change from snapper to scag or deere? do you dislike the snapper? what makes you want a scag or a deere?

Im more after the reason you own what you own/reason you want x brand mower

9. Stegs

Stegs LawnSite Member

2 totally different mowers, used for different reason, but which do you like more and why?

10. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

I really like the Snappers, but I cut a lot of St. Augustine, and many times it's wet from rain or irrigation systems. From my research and from what guys here have also said, the Scag and Deere decks are better suited for my conditions than the Snapper ICD deck.