• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

What brand trimmer do you use?

What brand of trimmer do you use?

• Stihl

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Echo

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Shindaiwa

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • RedMax

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters

WJW Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Stihl makes GREAT stuff....but I got a Redmax Trimmer...and I love it!! At the same time...dang Stihl makes quality equipment. Put me down for Stihl or Redmax...cant go wrong.

walker/redmax

LawnSite Senior Member
Redmax for sure.

WJW Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member

Vikings

LawnSite Bronze Member
I like the feel and weight of my Echo srm 210 but it has a few flakey parts on it like the safety lever and a cheap throttle trigger. Very easy to break.

I have a shindawa Power Broom it has a great throttle trigger but a cheap safety lever.

The Stihl 110 edger has great safty and throttle triggers. Very good quality BUT I'm scared as hell it will get stolen. Who cares if someone runs off with my echo.:laugh:

fiveoboy01

LawnSite Silver Member
Both my trimmers are Stihl(FS90R and FS85X)

Both my blowers are Stihl(BG85 and BR600)

3 pieces of Echo equipment, SRM-230U, PE-200 and PE-311.

Yes I know it was a question about trimmers, but I figured I'd throw that in there...

And I agree with you Vikings, the Stihl stuff has the best triggers hands down. Not flimsy POS triggers like the echo crap, although my echo brushcutter with the bicycle handle has a decent trigger on it.

1MajorTom

Former Moderator
9 years ago when we started this business, we bought stihl. 9 years later, we are still using stihl. never had a reason to try anything else.

WJW Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thats my negative about Redmax...Flimsy trigger...BUT...I will say...in over a year I havent broken it...and Im pretty tough on stuff. It just seems like I really could break it