• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

What Commercial Mower to Buy

Galena

LawnSite Member
This is my second year mowing lawns nd I am ready to look into a commercial ZTR or Walkbehind. What would be a preferable machine for Mostly small to medium sized residential mowing? I have 2 commercial accounts Takes about 2 hours mowing with a 42 inch John Deere Rider. Any brands that are best and or what would save me time. I have very limted knowledge of Commercial mowers. I do believe that Ferris mowers are built close to where I live. I also know of a Scag dealer nearby. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.<p>Jeff Verry<br>Galena Greenhouse and Lawn Mowing<br>Upstate New York

DMC300

LawnSite Senior Member
JEFF,USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.OR LOOK BACK THROUGH ALL OF THE 1400+ POSTS ALREADY ON THIS SUBJECT,IF THEN YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK AWAY!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

steveee

LawnSite Member
I would look at the Ferris Line of equipment, The Ferris ProCut Z With IS Independent Suspension is Awesome. And their Dual Drive Walk behinds are real nice.<p>Hope this will help you out.

walkerrider

LawnSite Member
I would go either walker or Lazer Z if your looking for a rider. I like the ferris w/ the IS also. In my area scags don't carry the rep it appears to habe elsewhere

Gus

LawnSite Member
I`ve been running Ferris for a long time and really love em. Their hydro walk behinds are the best out there. I just got an I/S last year ;what a great machine. The quality is top notch on all their products even down to the smallest walk behinds. You might not be able to find them in your area but I sure would try.<p>----------<br>gus....<br>