1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What Commercial Mower to Buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Galena, May 1, 2000.

1. Galena

Galena LawnSite Member

This is my second year mowing lawns nd I am ready to look into a commercial ZTR or Walkbehind. What would be a preferable machine for Mostly small to medium sized residential mowing? I have 2 commercial accounts Takes about 2 hours mowing with a 42 inch John Deere Rider. Any brands that are best and or what would save me time. I have very limted knowledge of Commercial mowers. I do believe that Ferris mowers are built close to where I live. I also know of a Scag dealer nearby. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.<p>Jeff Verry<br>Galena Greenhouse and Lawn Mowing<br>Upstate New York

2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

JEFF,USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.OR LOOK BACK THROUGH ALL OF THE 1400+ POSTS ALREADY ON THIS SUBJECT,IF THEN YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK AWAY!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

3. steve

steve LawnSite Member

I would look at the Ferris Line of equipment, The Ferris ProCut Z With IS Independent Suspension is Awesome. And their Dual Drive Walk behinds are real nice.<p>Hope this will help you out.

4. walkerrider

walkerrider LawnSite Member

I would go either walker or Lazer Z if your looking for a rider. I like the ferris w/ the IS also. In my area scags don't carry the rep it appears to habe elsewhere

5. steve

steve LawnSite Member

Also my ferris literature says they are manufactured in Munnsville, NY

6. Gus

Gus LawnSite Member

I`ve been running Ferris for a long time and really love em. Their hydro walk behinds are the best out there. I just got an I/S last year ;what a great machine. The quality is top notch on all their products even down to the smallest walk behinds. You might not be able to find them in your area but I sure would try.<p>----------<br>gus....<br>