1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

What company do you guys use for domain names and hosting ?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ColesLawnServiceMich, Feb 13, 2019.

1. ColesLawnServiceMich

ColesLawnServiceMich LawnSite Member

I am currently in the works of getting a domain name for my company. I have looked online and keep finding a lot of companies charging way more than I expected. I was thinking of getting a domain name and then forwarding that to my yardbook profile, or making my own website. What company would you guys recommend for a domain and forwarding?

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Platinum Member

The best. Easy interface. Great support. Inexpensive. Free domain privacy. Not subjected to upsell after upsell. No worries of them registering the domain you searched for but didn't yet buy.

https://domains.google/

KerbDMK and kemco like this.
  3. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

I would swear this is done by a big company that rhymes with nofaddy. I've searched and found a domain and by the time I try to buy it it's strangely " registered". Always wondered.

4. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to like godaddy but now they keep raising prices. I've not had problems with hostgator like many have. Only thing with them is after you register a domain you get a thousand phone calls from web designers wanting to build you a website. Namecheap seems ok too. free privacy and lower prices.

5. BMWNJ

BMWNJ LawnSite Member

I'll never use godaddy again since they're pro-censorship and have pulled domains of political websites in the past. They have no problem with degenerate sites but don't you dare veer off right of center. F these SJW companies.

Doc8406 likes this.
  6. EverGrow Marketing

EverGrow Marketing Sponsor

Hover.com

Best domain company we've found.

They don't put ridiculous domain locks on your domain like GoDaddy and support is pretty amazing if you need them.

7. AlohaMowing

AlohaMowing LawnSite Member

UltraWebhosting.com. They are not for people who are clueless, but there are lots of resources to help. I have used them for over 10 years, and currently have 5 sites hosted by them.

8. KerbDMK

KerbDMK LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for posting this. I registered two new domains with Google last night. Super easy and free privacy. Excelent deal. I will be hosting them on my own VPS.

9. Charles Quinones

Charles Quinones LawnSite Member

There’s tons of sites!

The cheapest I found was either Bluehost.com or Domain.com.

I’m pretty sure bluehost you have to pay yearly and not monthly, but it comes out to $2-5 a month only.