What day of week to mow high end lawns?

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
What days do you prefer higher end customers/neighborhoods?read an old Jerry Baker book that said a lawn looks best two days after mowing.i tend to agree with him.mostly dealing with common bermuda and tall fescue.do you mow your high end customers early in week,mid or late?just curious-not looking to start an argument.thank you

OP
N

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
i understand people cut lawns when they are in area but most homes are seperated by home/lot size.all the smaller homes with small yards are in one area while the bigger more expensive homes are in another area and not grouped together.if the theory that a certain lawn looks best two days later,wouldnt it be wise to cut a higher end lawn on a wen-fri schedule than a mon-tue?since we are assuming most homeowners will be home on weekends to enjoy yard more?would you rather not have your 10,000 k lawn look nicer than your 1000 k lawn on weekend since its gaining more income?i wouldnt expect anyone to alter routes and create chaos but does the idea make sense?this probably makes more sense in a city/suburban area than country areas

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
i understand people cut lawns when they are in area but most homes are seperated by home/lot size.all the smaller homes with small yards are in one area while the bigger more expensive homes are in another area and not grouped together.if the theory that a certain lawn looks best two days later,wouldnt it be wise to cut a higher end lawn on a wen-fri schedule than a mon-tue?since we are assuming most homeowners will be home on weekends to enjoy yard more?would you rather not have your 10,000 k lawn look nicer than your 1000 k lawn on weekend since its gaining more income?i wouldnt expect anyone to alter routes and create chaos but does the idea make sense?this probably makes more sense in a city/suburban area than country areas
yeah it's not like that here in my area. we have every type of house spread out over every type of area. i mow in 7 different cites/towns.

in your case mow the nicer lawns later in the week and the not so nice lawns earlier in the week.

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
We do it based on the day their yard waste pickup is, which just happens to be Thursday for most of the million dollar properties. But we do some on Tuesday as well

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
But based on time spent working vs money collected small lawns have always been more profitable for me. So should I be treating them special?