Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I started with 42" troy built rider (mtd), ryobi trimmer, and weedeater brand blower. oh yeah, no trailer. replaced trimmer 3 times in 2 months and finally bought a redmax which i still use daily...exceptional machine. mower was replaced the next year after it threw a rod. took on a partner the second year (i don't trust many people, but i have known him 15 years and he actually is trustworthy) and he did all the trimming and blowing that year. this past year he bought a 48" john deere with 7 iron deck and i bought a cub cadet rzt 50 (i'm still part time, he's full time). currently we both have 5x8 open trailers, next week i am building a 6x16 trailer. in three years we have gone from 3 customers that i started with and still have to over 100 and are agressively seeking more. When my wife goes back to work after the kids are both in school, I plan to flee from my full time job like a ship rat fleeing a sinking ship. by then, if things stay on track, we should have 175-200 customers and be almost ready to add an employee or two. I have learned one thing in this business - if you are determined to succeed and plan accordingly, the sky is the limit.

when i started , i started with a used scag super z 48 ztr i bought from a friend for $300, spent $600 to rebuild the motor and paint, and a 92? john deere 54'' crank deck wbh... a few home depot trimmers, a borrowed 6x12 trailer from my brother in-law. and a 98 dodge dakota 4x4..

I now have a 02 f-350 4x4 7.3 dump, 2000 gmc 1500, scag tiger cub48,wildcat 61 and a scag 52 hydro wbh, 6.3x12 trailer, york sweeper, stihl power broom, stihl saw's,downeaster 2yd sander,echo hedge trimmers and a bunch more i dont feel like typing in...........good luck to all!!!!!

Hey How Did That Truck Get There???? Lol

I started with a 48" Gravely WB, a 16" open trailer, and Stihl handheld blower, a small stihl trimmer...all used exept the trimmer. Most importantly, I spent $400 on advertising, and got 10 lawn accounts right away, not enough, but it got me rolling.

It didn't take long before I bought a ZTR, 2nd trimmer, and a backpack so I could get a helper. There is always a spare of each type machine, and no one is waiting to use one. Still like the open trailer.

I started out with a 1990 Nissan P/U that couldn't go over 47 mph, a borrowed homebuilt trailer with 2x6's for ramps, a borrowed murray 42" lawn tractor, homelite trimmer and homelite blower. Thank God things are different now.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.