What do I need to be legal???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Oct 17, 2007.

  1. stevenf

    stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,612

    I have my name registered and I know I need a business license, What else? Ive read post about people getting attourneys and such. The business license isnt all you need?
  2. daveintoledo

    daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,587

    you will find information specific to your state.. get dba and register with the state, and any required local agencies, get liability insurance, you may need a vendors license to collect sales tax if your state requires it, commercil plates for your truck, trailor, and commercial vehicle insurance.....open a bank accoutn in the comany name....employees require workers comp, soc sec matching and tax withdrawl,........fill your taxes on earned income

Share This Page