What do I need to start fertilizing?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by doubleedge, Jun 20, 2008.

  1. doubleedge

    doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND
    Messages: 911

    I have been mowing for 2 seasons, and want to get into liquid fertilization. What kind of equipment/licenses/insurance would I need to get started? Thank you for any advise.
  2. Mscotrid

    Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA
    Messages: 1,456

    I would start by contacting your State department of AG for licensing information. Talk to your insurance agent for advice. Rules and regulations vary by state so you will have to do your homework. See if there is any Turf Association in the state and make contact, attend shows talk to the vendors and ask questions. As far as equipment, all you really need to get started is a good spreader figure between $300.00 to $400.00 and a back pack sprayer $80.00 to $120.00. Many of the vendors will help you out if you seek them out and ask question. Remember there are 100 ways to do lawn care and 99 of them are probably correct.

Share This Page