• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

What do I need?

pflaugh1

LawnSite Member
I have a 1/2 acre lot am looking for a new mower/tractor. This will be the first summer that I will have to cut the grass as we just got the lawn in late last year. My first thought was to buy a low level Craftsman rider. I figured I would do the front yard and the trim work with my existing craftsman push mower and get the rest with the tractor.

Now I am hearing that Craftsman are really not that great and that I may be better off with a quality self-propelled walk behind for the whole yard. The yyard has a few minor slopes but nothing too hilly. I don't need a top of the line machine but dont want a piece of crap either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

j fisher

LawnSite Senior Member
There are several good homeowner mowers out there. Rider or push depends on how much exercise you want. Toro, Troy Built, Cub Cadet all have good self propelled mowers for the homeowner. But, if you want to ride, Gravely has a Homeowner Model Zero Turn you need to check out.