What do you charge for a Pre-m Application.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by overtona, Feb 16, 2013.

1. cecropia11

cecropia11 LawnSite Member

also I applied the rate per acre which according to the label should give me about 7 to 8 months control.

2. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I mix enough spray for 75k in each tank. It's much easier to weigh the product out than to use teaspoons. I'm putting 23 oz per tank now....not sure how many teaspoons that would be.

3. pmservices

pmservices LawnSite Member

sub to post

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  5. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

I do have scales ...just wondered if anyone else had converted the spoons to cups. I did so I wouldnt have to keep measuring weights... just calculate how many spoons I need and turn into cups. I have also weighed a few to see if it was running true.... seems to be. Curious though .. what strengths does everyone like to go with? Are you trying to achieve 4-6 months of control.. or 6-8? I am currently mixing to cover about 6 months but will reapply at four months.. and use simazine to cover the late winter period.

6. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a question that the label doesn't answer as far as I can see after reading it twice.

It says that at 1.5lbs per acre crabgrass is controlled for about 8 months. I need to know if other weeds in areas like dirt, landscape rocks, and similar areas prevent weeds for that long at that rate? I don't see anywhere that gives a length of time weeds are prevented. It just gives a range of 1.0-2.3 lbs/acre. I am trying to figure out how long 2.3lbs/acre would last. Does anyone know from experience if it would prevent weeds for my 9-10 month weed growing season? Would I need a second application? I don't want to tell my clients it will last all year if it won't.

7. ETM

ETM LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Hard to tell. Alot depends on how much rain you will experience in the time period after application. Other factors play into that as well. I wouldn't ever guarantee no weeds as some will get thru no matter what. No application is 100% effective.

Utah Lawn Care likes this.
  8. Nick's Lawn Service

Nick's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Each app is same price, averaged out over all apps. Prob like 80ish+