Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys make alot of money during the spring and summer. THat is prob. your top money maker. But, what do you do in the fall and winter. I do leaf cleanups in the fall and some snow in the winter but what else is there to do? Do you have other jobs for the fall and winter? Any input would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the responce but, if you don't mind me askin, how much do you charge for firewood? I was thinking of doing that. I would need to go out and buy a log splitter. Where do you get the wood from? For me, i could, if i wanted, get trees from the guys who take them down and dump them at my house for free. I just don't know if its worth it and how much you could make. Thanks again!

·
Registered
295 Posts
i do network designs, network consulting, network installs, network support. computer networks that is.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Push snow, sand/ice melt. Sell firewood, cut trees in winter, less harm on properties. Split wood, cold in winter but ya warm up fast. I have a started a practise of buying realstate in the summer and fixing that house up thru the winter to keep busy. Looking at specing ahome this year. I also own 50% stake in a 81 unit storage complex with my dad. (I know your all thinken he paid for it and I get the money) SORRY - only wish that was true!

Time off, I go sledden - that is with my Siberian Huskies! Great time! Or I mountain bike with them! Gotta stay in shape!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Gutter cleaning, power washing ( weather permitting ) odd jobs such as basement cleanings, painting, holiday lighting etc.
Also have a p/t job that allows me to work pretty much when I want and around my snow plowing schedule.

·
Registered
193 Posts
snowplowing(good money if you do it right),cut firewood,snowmobiling,fix up cars for resale,work that pesky full time mechanic job that i have

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I am graduating HS in June and am going full time next year. This winter i got a job lined up with a tile guy. After working a winter with him i'll be able to do it on my own. I have a good network with some builders so i should be able to have steady work. I'll be able to do 1000 a day solo. I am also going to do tile during the season when the work is available. It will work out good on rainy days.

matt

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.