• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

What do you do with all your clippings?

What do you do with your clippings?

• Total voters

blakerugg

LawnSite Senior Member
If u haul away please state where u put them (i.e. barrels in bed of truck, barrels on trailer, dump body, etc.)

Kennedy Landscaping

LawnSite Fanatic
I bag and haul away, I normally put them in my trailer

02DURAMAX

LawnSite Gold Member
Discharge or haul away.

SNAPPER MAN

LawnSite Silver Member
We use big tarp bags and fill them with grass and load the truck with them.

OP
B

blakerugg

LawnSite Senior Member
thanks for the replies. basically i have a truck and 12 ft landscape trailer and im tryin to figure the best method for getting clippings or other waste from the job to the dump site

Marcos

LawnSite Gold Member
Within this decade the practice of grass clipping removal by professionals & homeowners alike will come to an abrupt halt...
AND/OR

...there will be giant strides in the fledgeling bioconversion industry towards lowering the costs of converting such materials into useable fuel forms, such as pellets for wood stoves.

OP
B

blakerugg

LawnSite Senior Member
blake when we had pickups we just sucked it up and when we had to dump it got the pitch forks out at the end of the day. it sucked but it works.
yea i was thinkin i would build a box for the bed and make it structurally strong so that i can pick it up somehow at the end of the day, just so i can switch from work to personal truck quickly. im not sure yet. thanks for the responses guys.

rywnygc

LawnSite Senior Member
good luck picking up a bed full of wet grass clippings.