What do you do with bent blades

gorrell

LawnSite Senior Member
Bdemir, the only safe thing to do with a bent blade is discard it. You'll take the temper out if you try to heat it. It's not worth the hassle. Lynn

Alan

With the cost of blades, I straighten mine. BUT, I have a very serious block of steel to clamp them to, with the bent end suported on a piece of 1" hardwood. Put enough pressure on the clamp to bend them in reverse, then smote hell out of them with a 6 lb hammer. Not easy, but it works and I've never had one break afterwards. If you heat them you will likely have a very soft piece of scrap afterwards.

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
Alan, what kind of blades are costing so much? I guess I am just wasting money, because the minute a blade becomes questionable...it's trashed.

Tony S

LawnSite Member
Buy new ones<p>----------<br>&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/procut/index/sign.jpg&quot;&gt;<br>&lt;A HREF=&quot;mailto:procutlawn@hotmail.com&quot;&gt;Email&lt;/A&gt;

AB Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
In my opinion the only good use for bent blades is to put them on when you trade your mower in at the dealer:)<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care