1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Nov 29, 2006.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys and gals, i know everyone hates these threads, but what the heck. I know how to figure my cost and I know what I need to charge to make money in this scenario, but I would like some feed back from you all. I have a church that I am already taking care of everything for them maintence wise. It is aprox. 4 acres of cutting now spread out over an eight to ten acre campus and I am charging $120 week for just the cutting of this property. My question is, what would you charge to add a field that is 4 acres large? No obsticles, just run and gun cutting. I have a bid filled out, just want to make sure that I am getting all that I can with out going over. Thanks in advance.

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Since you are already there at the propoerty, I would charge an additional x hours of equipment and overhead costs plus your x hours of labor costs. In other words, if it takes you an extra 1 1/2 hours to cut it, and your costs and labor rate is $60 an hour, then it would be another $90 to cut it. Depends on your time estimate. How smooth if the field. You might have to consider the extra wear and tear ont he equipment if it is a bumpy rough field. Hopefully, it is nothing but nice, smooth grass that you can cut at WOT.

3. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Your charging $30 and acre now, which seems real low to me but it might just be my area. So just keep with your $30 an acre and charge them another $120.

4. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys. The figure that I was working towards was $150. That times 40 cur ts a year should yield me another $6,000/year or $500/mth. I know things may seem a little low, and they are, but I came in on this one with having to match the current guys rates. I will slowly regain my extra cash through additional services and yearly increases.