1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, Jul 7, 2004.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

Stopped by my dealer today for an echo rapid load head - looked at mowers - he's got an encore 48" hydro fixed deck he will sell for 3500 and a demo encore 60" inch front mount ZT big kaw for 6500 - and i can't justify either purchase right now. dog gone nice mowers - don't need em - want em bad though - I got it bad fellas - this isn't a business it's an addiction! - an obsession! - or am i the only one?

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I'm sort of an equipment junkie, though I tend to purchase what I know I need, rather than what I want, Because I "want" everything.

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Get it and call it an upgrade! Surely you could put a hydro 48" to good use. . .

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Got it BAD also Petekief. The art of justifying your purchases. If you can convince your wife as well, your dam good. :D

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You don't even want to see my wish list. Its a couple of pages long, if you include personal stuff. The need list is only 1 page.

Current most needed list
    Hoe for my tractor
    another 52" 23 hp kawi stander
    2nd bigger truck
    2nd bigger trailer
    Some employees that can last a full 8 hour day

Current most wanted list
    RC-60 skid loader
    Dump truck
    equipment trailer
    rotodarion
    bulldozer