1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What do you get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OnMyOwn, Jul 9, 2005.

1. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Miscellaneous services in Central IN - I'm collecting $40.00, or more per hour. This includes shrubs, leaves, miscellaneous clean-ups, gutter cleaning, etc.

I thought it might be interesting to see who is leaving money on the table, or, if in fact I'm leaving money on the table.

2. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

On avg. i am doing $35-$60 hr depending on the job for misc. jobs. Gutter cleaning is my most profitable. I charge a min. of $50 most $50 homes only take 20 - 30 mins. If only i could line up a few gutter cleanings everyday for the entire yr payup I wouldnt bother with other services. Sounds like your right in there for Indiana.

All_Clear

3. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Gutter cleaning can be very lucrative, and a lot of people want it done. I just had a 2-sided flyer go out in 2 of the local papers. Side 1 offers special pricing on aeration, overseeding and fall fert. Side 2 lists a lot of our other services. So far out of 3 calls I've had today, 2 are for gutter cleaning.

I don't charge by the hour, always by the job. If I can walk the roof, it's either .50 or .75 per linear foot. If I can't walk the roof, it's .75 or 1.00 per linear foot. All this is with a $40.00 minimum.

I get up on the roof, clean out what I can by hand and toss it down. Then I get my blower and blow out the rest. Then I rinse all the left-over crap down with a hose. When I'm finally down, I blow off any debris that landed on the drive, sidewalk or deck. I did one yesterday, 120 linear feet, $60.00. Took almost an hour, so I exceeded $60/hour. I did one a couple months ago, $162.00, took an hour and ten minutes. That guy grumbled a little, but he's not the one who's risking a fall from 25 feet. I did NOT apologize for my price.

Go get 'em guys!