1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys average an hour??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AUWarEagle, Jul 18, 2008.

1. AUWarEagle

AUWarEagle LawnSite Member

I was wondering what other LCO's averaged per hour on jobs...I'm in my first full season doing this as a second job. I have 10 accounts and pay 1 helper ( my son $10 hour ) I average about $40 hour. Is that about average???

2. flakebortch

flakebortch LawnSite Member

This is my first year. 5 accounts, solo. Underestimated how long it would take just about all of them by varying degrees. Aimed for $60 per hour, but ended up with about $40. The average is probably an acre, for which I could have used a 60" ZTR, but there are a bunch of guys working this area with those. So it's a good thing I under bid with my Quick 36 because those other guys would have gotten all of my business.

3. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

Ave. about 33$ per hour

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I do about 12 a day and average $40 per cut. Takes me about 8hrs. So thats right at $60hr.

5. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Me and my helper averaged around $105 per hour today - including drive time.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i average around 47-50 per hour and that includes the time i drop my oldest daughter off at her grandma's and my youngest off at daycare and includes picking them up and heading home. i'd say i'd make around 60-65 if i didnt have all the extra running around.

7. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Low bid does not always get the job. What about quality and appearance?

8. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

a shoot for $60 an hour

9. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

My average is a Happy Meal & $5.00 an hr

10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I shoot for $75-100 per hour working solo.

It ends up about $60-80, including drive time.

AU - when you say you're making $40 per hour, is that before or after you give your son $10?