• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

What do you guys do on steeeeeep hill, use a trimmer?

syzer

LawnSite Bronze Member
When you guys get steep hill that a walk behind wont hang onto and a push mower to much a pain in the but...what do you do? I seen a guy here take the guard off the trimmer and have like a foot of string whipping around. Does this make sense? What do you guys do? What do you recomend?

Thanks,

Chris

Evan528

LawnSite Silver Member
Unless less the steep hill is right in front of the house and is very visible i always cut them with a trimmer. I can cut a hill with a trimmer alot faster than it takes to cut it with a push mower. None of my timmers have sheilds and i always have a good 8-10iches of string on each side out.

OP
S

syzer

LawnSite Bronze Member
anyone ever use these floating mowers? I have seen them before husquavarna has one also.

Vibe Ray

LawnSite Senior Member
How does it work??

sunrise

Banned
Yeap I have a hoover mower its 16in wide but it works well.
It uses trimmer string and floots on air. over rock but it now good for straight lines. cost about $400.00

powerreel

Banned
Hover mowers are cool, they can't bag though.For steep hills I use 2 cycle toros, 21's. They'll run awesome with the mulch plug in and no dump fees! Sturdy machines that over time you'll only replace suspension parts on! Three speed trans with zerks, get both blades for it.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
For steep areas I use a trimmer. I don't like using the 21" mower when I don't have to.