What do you guys do to find a employee?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by arl250, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Jmcculler

Jmcculler LawnSite Member

$50 is not less than he would make in a day. I pay well. If he is being paid as a contract labourer and it is in the contract it is not illegal. Same as the state contracting road work with a fine for being late on schedule.

2. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

He gets paid less than $50 per day?

3. Jmcculler

Ahh. . Yeah misread, in the middle of closing a yard for the winter. He would still get paid some for the day. Just pays me basically for having to work longer hours or call in one of my part time guys. If it happens too often he would definitely loose the job all together.

4. Jmcculler

It's for a yearly account I have. . I get paid the same amount every month year round. His pay for working on the account is also Spread out throughout the whole year. If that makes since.

hort101 likes this.
  5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Chicago

You still have to pay him ot if he works more then 40 hours.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Check back with us in April to let us know how this works out

7. Jmcculler

I really don't think this will ever be a problem with this guy and I probably would never follow through with it. Like I said he is 19, more of a bluff than anything.

8. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Chicago

Sounds like you need to read up. Paying a manual labour salary can be a slippery slope if you don't cover your ass. Plus you still have to pay ot so it doesn't help you out at all.

http://www.flsa.com/coverage.html

maelawncare and ed2hess like this.
  9. Jmcculler

Your right man, back to the drawing board on pay. . Think i just complicated things unnecessarily. Be a lot less complicated to just pay the guy by the hour and be done with it.

hort101 likes this.
  10. Grassholes

Grassholes LawnSite Senior Member