1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys sell in Oct/Nov??

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by BradK HPLD, Oct 2, 2019.

1. BradK HPLD

BradK HPLD LawnSite Member

What are some of the best services to sell in October and November. Obviously fall cleanups. But to add a bit extra revenue before the end of the year, what do you guys resort to? There must be a few things I'm forgetting, or that are "go to's" during these two months. I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks!
    Brad

2. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

More September/October stuff like aerate, over seed, fertilize, shrub/tree trimming, etc. November is pretty much just a cleanup month for me.

JLSLLC likes this.
  3. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Agree shrub trimming, fall mulch to color up the landscape beds even if just a "half coat" or "color layer". A few of our higher ends want front pots planted for fall color, we don't do much of that. We fit in sod yes sod that we couldn't get to earlier in the season, then we are full bore leaf cleanups till now season again.

Apart from our spray applications that is.

invicible ice agers and hort101 like this.
  4. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Lots of people want hay bales for fall decorations as well as pumpkins. I've thought of it many times but we are just too busy. Upcharge and add in a delivery fee.

5. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

Fences, retaining walls and patios.

hort101 likes this.
  6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

I start pitching my winter indoor services-painting, light remodel, trimwork, etc. a few of those lined up and, BAM, it's spring again!
    (I'll be the first to admit it, when the cold air gets here I move inside. lol)
    DSCF4199 (2).JPG

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    sjessen likes this.
  7. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Member

planting plants,transplanting,removing dead wood from shrubs,tree services

8. Peyton Wood

Peyton Wood LawnSite Member

Winter prunings, if you know how to properly do them!

9. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing (fescue), installs, hedge trimming, leaves and hardscaping, oh and did I mention SELLING!

10. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

Mowing, mowing with leaves, mowing with more leaves, leaves, fall pruning...

JMK26 and Groomer like this.