1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

what do you guy's think about john deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EOS, Feb 14, 2008.

1. EOS

EOS LawnSite Member

Don't see alot of threads on john deere's. Been looking at there zero turns and standers, looking for some feedback from individuals who own one..thanks

2. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

I have one and i love it cuts good and i get great service i have an 04 f687 with the 7 iron deck never no problems cut looks great

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 797s and they are awesome I have owned Dixie,Exmark and everide and the deere is all in all my favorite in most ways except it didnt stripe verry well until I rigged a Dixie chain striping kit and now they stripe well. The cut is great nothing compares in wet grass but the hydros are a little stiff and they arent real fast but the double cutting from the others you dont have to worry about.All in all the 7iron deck is the only reason I would buy again.

4. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

I have a 07 737 and love it also! Parts are easy to come by and online ordering for after market is a cinch. I am looking at buying a walk-behind next month along with a push mower- I won't buy anything else. Toro and Exmark screwed me when I first started and I won't go back- Scag is too dang expensive for my taste. Just my .02!

5. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

sent pm wondering why jd was better than everride.

6. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

I have the John Deere striping kit for my 737, but would rather go with something more like the Dixie Chain...would they sell such a system for John Deere or would I have to do some more rigging? The striping kit for the 737 is a roller and man do I have to worry about turns- what I may run over that is not visible etc. The chain systems seems more logical I would think.

7. BCNU

BCNU LawnSite Member

I have a 757 and it has been very reliable and has a great cut.The 7 Iron decks are great. I am looking to add a 997 this spring. Lots of people in my area run Deere products.

8. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I also have a 757 and I do not have a single complaint about the machine. The cut is great and the deck cleans it self. Only thing I have added was a powerchute. I will definitely go green again.

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Wish they had more engine options (especially air cooled). Is the 757 a horizontal or vertical engine. I know it's 25 hp (wish it was at least 28 hp).

10. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

757 is a 25 hp horizontal engine. just bought a 757 60 inch and love it. jd credit worked for me.