1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of my website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by pitrack, Oct 2, 2009.

1. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

I really like the layout of it, the pictures are great, and the flash is fantastic. the only problem that I can see right now is I dislike how you have to go back to the home page to jump anywhere else in the site. for example, if I was viewing the Gallery, and wanted to jump to Services, there is no Services link on the Gallery page. I would have to jump back home, and then over to Services.

3. pitrack

Got ya, I will add buttons to every page, that was something I was thinking about adding.

Thanks for the input.

4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

** I would suggest you keep the company logo as your header on every page (branding) - and make IT link back to your index page (standard protocol).

** Make your email address a functional link.

** Do you have more variety of pictures? I look at the thumbnails and see just a couple of things: striping and a too-close-photos of a water feature .

Just some thoughts, take it or leave it.

5. pitrack

Thank you I will change those

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Can't view your site. Beyond the flash requirement, the active content JS is not a good idea. You need to have some type of graceful fall back.

7. pitrack

I have no idea how to fix that, I made the site using a free website designer template. I haven't heard of anyone saying they can't view it.