1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

What do you net? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rgodwin, Oct 10, 2016.

?

What do you net? (Your individual profit)

1. 30k or less

171 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. 30k-60k

98 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. 60k-100k

72 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. 100k +

59 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. I made enough to run for president.

13 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Fanatic

The rich got richer with the breaks on dividends, long term cap gains, marginal tax rates and tossing of the Obama Care tax. Long term cap gains used to be a flat 20% but now with income up to $434,550 it is 15%. All dividends in particular used to be treated as ordinary income (some qualified dividends got better treatment) but qualified dividends are taxed at a lesser rate. That and the marginal tax rates under Obama were also lowered along with elimination of the 3.8% Obama care tax levy on higher incomes.

2. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Luckily for me, "the rich" keeping more of their income to invest and to use to hire schmoes like me, instead of forking it over to the government to waste, helps me in lots of ways.

3. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Fanatic

That's mostly what they do with it. Add in local governments and their wasteful ways and you have a black hole right in your own country that sucks the life out of everyone. It's one thing to maintain the roads, administer the laws and defend our nation; it's a whole other thing to borrow ad infinitum with not a thought to paying it back or creating a zero sum budget.

4. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Fanatic

The government tries to paint the picture that the rich people create all the problems, when in reality most of them have just worked very hard. Like you said it's the government that is the true problem.

5. Wes Parker

Wes Parker LawnSite Member

What did u do?

jsd43 likes this.