• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

What do you think is a fair price increase for winterizations given current gas price

I would say that 5-10 dollars is fair depending on the size of the job. Im sure we will be hearing it when they call to make the appointments, but if your cost of operating is up your prices have to follow suit... :cool2:

OP
B

Broker

LawnSite Senior Member
MD: That's great that you can keep your prices the same. Our scheduling is tight. But I think that it is only fair to raise prices based on inflation and gas. So is 5 or 10 fair?

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
RI Ohio said:
MD: That's great that you can keep your prices the same. Our scheduling is tight. But I think that it is only fair to raise prices based on inflation and gas. So is 5 or 10 fair?
Yes its fair. When was the last time that a service dropped in price? And with out keeping up with inflation thats what a no increase amounts to.

OP
B

Broker

LawnSite Senior Member
Mac, did not understand what you said. Did you say that there has been no inflation since this time last year? If so I would beg to differ. Especially in the irrigation field.

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
RI Ohio said:
Mac, did not understand what you said. Did you say that there has been no inflation since this time last year? If so I would beg to differ. Especially in the irrigation field.
No I said that no price increase amounts to losing money becoase of inflation. You have to raise the cost just to keep up with inflation other wise your actually working cheaper

dcondon

LawnSite Silver Member
RI Ohio said:
I would go up 5%, that will cover the price of gas. :)