1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of my shirts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mxrider52, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Mxrider52

Mxrider52 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Here is a design of a shirt I am making. Give me some opinions. Tell me what I need to change or make better. The phone number will be my number when I create the shirt. This is my first year into mowing. I am making the shirt at customink.com but they are going to cost almost $23 a shirt and if I put a front chest logo it is going to cost about $28, so as of right now I am just doing the back of the shirt. Does anyone else know of a cheaper site?

[​IMG]

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I think the design looks pretty good, but I hope that the shirt color isn't going to be black!?

Seems a little pricey for screen printed shirts. I don't have any other sources though. I have a friend that ordered custom logo shirts too but I don't recall where from. His just have the logo on the front chest.

3. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Try queensboro.com there a whole lot cheaper than what your looking at. $23 dollars a shirt for t-shirts is online robbery.

4. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks great. Does seem a little high on price. Its only a 3 color. I get hoodies for that price. See about buying the shirts somewhere else and having them print them. Mabey they are getting a huge markup on the shirt itself.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I just asked my friend, he used vistaprint but says he actually doesn't like them... Don't know the reason why though. Said he will just use someone local next time.

I have to agree with the local options. Yes it may cost a little more than the cheap places online but you can actually put your hands on the clothing first. T-shirts are sized all over the place and if you are picky about fit (as I am) being able to try out what you want may be the best option.

I really want the polyester "dry" shirts with my logo on them. That's what I wear pretty much all summer. If the temps are over 80 especially. I can't stand cotton in the heat, may as well be wearing plastic.

6. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Try the web site i gave you. I think you may change your mind once you see what they have to offer. Plus they are in N.C. a whole lot closer to you than me. If you have questions call them and talk to Adair shes a great person and this is the only place i do business with for all my work apparel. www.queensboro.com

7. Mxrider52

Mxrider52 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Thanks. Yea I am not sure about a color yet. I am still debating. I want something that is not going to get dirty too quick but also stay cool.

Thanks I will give their site a look over. Yea I thought the price was a little high but I have not done much surfing.

Is there anything I should add to the shirts or is that about all you really need a shirt to say?

8. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

You should be able to get that shirt for about $9-$12 (including screen charges)...well...maybe not if you're ordering only a few shirts and you are ordering black (most expensive color).

9. cade03

cade03 LawnSite Member

yep i agree with the other guys, way too much per shirt. call a few local screen printers near you adn go from there. you may just pickup a customer while your there. cant hurt good luck 9 - 12 bucks is agood estimate.

10. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, I get my 4xlt T-shirts with screen printing front and back for about $13 dollars a shirt, you better find a local screenprinting shirt thats more reasonable