1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this 1999 F250?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by tamo, Jan 13, 2010.

1. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

I currently have a 07 Tundra, but need another truck for bigger landscape projects and to tow dump trailer. (Can't rent one with 1/2 ton)

This '99 F250 has 131K miles. At what point do problems start occurring?

This truck wouldn't be used everyday for mowing/maintenance work. I'd still use the Tundra for that.

Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1542670038.html

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

ive got 165k on mine but ive only had it for a couple months. as far as i know it has not had any big problems! keep up on maintenance and it will last you a long time.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

While the truck still has plenty of life left in it, it has been my experience that as soon as you hit 100,000 Miles a trucks starts nickeling and diming you to death. Tranny might need to be rebult soon.... new starter.... new alternator..new hub bearings...ball joints...u joints etc...... I have an 01 f-250 with 108,000 miles and although its a great trucks, every time I turn around there is a new stupid problem to deal with.