1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by DeepGreenLawn, Sep 15, 2008.

1. OP
    OP
    DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

That is my realization, that I was looking at too much... rather look at too much than too little? I think your price is a litte more in line with what we had talked about or I had looked at last night when I was working on the measurements.

2. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

Alright, but if you sell tht deal I get 10% for doing the design/quote.....

3. OP
    OP
    DeepGreenLawn

lol... like I said... this is my in-laws, and they are cheap, I don't know if they will let me do it at cost... did I mention they still have 4 kids at home and 3 out of the house that are married along with 2 grandchildren? Things get tight even for them around the holidays...

4. OP
    OP
    DeepGreenLawn

OK, we will change this a little...

Front of the house, and down the side to the the garage, in the picture rather than the extra garage the guest bedroom goes there... both the porch and the gutter line on the second story from my notes comes to 152'.

At $3 = $456

add another $1.30 to be safe for initial cost = $654

Does this sound better? This is for C9s only on the gutter lines. No foilage or minis. This doesn't get to the minimum of.... any help here would be nice... $800?

5. umpire

umpire LawnSite Member

Deep green, Have you figured out how that software works?What about inputing your pricing on the software. How is that working?

6. OP
    OP
    DeepGreenLawn

I am getting it down slowly, I need to get a picture of the house and put it in to make sure the measurements and all are lining up. I am trying to get this round of treatments done this week and then I will have a few weeks to devote a little more time to that stuff.

It is kind of my side project right this second as I am still trying to double the size of my current lawn care company this fall... big goals but if I would love to do more than that...

SO, unfortunately I can only put so much time to the lights business... mostly after dark once the family has gone to bed... but I am getting it there...

7. hotrod1965

Have you decided if you are going to sell the lights or lease them? Have you figured out all your wire,clip, cord, plug, bulb and timer costs per foot... Once you figure that out, then you can add on your $3 per foot and get a total cost per foot you need to charge.

8. OP
    OP
    DeepGreenLawn

wire check, clips check, cord check, plugs.... nope..., bulbs check, timers... I think I got this one...

Other than that I should be right on. I got most costs down other than minis and still have to figure out the foilage side of things.

Half way there? Price wise that is... still have to install on my own house...

9. hotrod1965

I'm guess that you decided to not go LED then... Cause $1.30 isn't going to cover your cost per foot. the white bulbs will cost you about that alone, wire is about 0.20 per foot, clips are 0.1, plugs are about 0.60, but divide that into you aver length perplug. Ext. cords and such... you should be close to $1.75 per foot your cost. So you should be in that $4.50-4.75 per foot range...to make $3 per foot.

10. OP
    OP
    DeepGreenLawn

Hmmmm.... C9s are typically spaced 12" correct? So that would be one bulb per foot? I am looking at LED, I must have missed something somewhere...

This is why I am running it through you guys first...