• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

What do you think?

Stihl036pro

LawnSite Member
Hey Everyone, I am preparing a bid for a commercial account. I went over there and took all of my measurements. I got everything I need but I some advice on what to charge for mulch. I am estimating that I am going to need 113 yards of mulch, 50yrds of a high quality shredded bark mulch and 63 yards of lower quality ground cover mulch. Now, I usually get $65 per yard to spread mulch, that includes delivery and the cost. Do you think I should give them a break on the mulching. I came up with $7030 to mulch 113 yards. I gave them some break on the lower quality mulch since it does not cost me as much as the good stuff. You think thats to high? I think it might alittle high. I have never spread 113 yards of mulch before and would like some input. I am going to have a small front end loader there to load the truck with. I am also going to have the pile dumped in the parking lot to cut down on drive time. The beds are accessed easily with the truck, I can pretty much back right to them. Thanks for the help! -MIKE-

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
That seems like a good deal to me, unless my measurments are off

how much does the mulch cost you per yard?

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
I was just thinking about this, that is a lot of mulch

What are you hauling it with?

sildoc

LawnSite Silver Member
How many guys are going to be working with you?
It took me 6 hours and I was spent doing 21 yards. I charged 1480. I would spend the money and have the people and just have the delivery guy drop it off in small mounds next to where you need to put it. I am saying this if it is accesable for the truck then it should be accesable for the dump truck. JMO

OP
S

Stihl036pro

LawnSite Member
Middlesex County Ct. I want to have the mulch dumped in the parking lot, then take the tractor and load the trucks, The beds are not accesable for a tractor trailer but I have 2 mason dumps that can get me whare I got to go with it. Propably going to have 4 guys on the job. I could lie down tarps next to the beds an dump piles of mulch on the tarps then shovel it ino the beds. Just an Idea. I get mulch for 28 per yard, I will most likey get a better deal since I will be buying so much of it. aleast I hope I will. Thanks for the repiles, Keep em coming!

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
what do you charge hourly per employee?

dvmcmrhp52

LawnSite Platinum Member
A 4 man team is going to take you 3 -3 1/2 days to do the job.
At your cost of 28/yd I would keep the price where you are at.

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
that is what I was thinking. About 2 3/4 to 3 days