• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

What do you use to measure ure lots.

Rene

LawnSite Member
We have been ask to give prices on some large lawns. I like the idea of measuring that way everyone gets the same price per sq/ft. thanks for your input. Rene

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
I have a measuring wheel for measuring things like bed plans, and such. For actual properties, I pace them out. I can't believe how accurate and close I am all the time.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
I use a measuring wheel also. But I have already worn out my Cummins measuring wheel though LOL!!! I can still get it to work but it's a pain. Who makes a good one with a good size wheel that doesn't cost a fortune?

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
Check out Harbour Freight......I paid $25 for mine......it has a 24" wheel....

Derek

Pilgrims' Pride

LawnSite Senior Member
Rene,

Get a measuring wheel.
Lesco sells them and as you can see there are many others as well.
I use a wheel myself as often as I can.
But I have also learned to pace things too.
My pace, (And an average man in general) is about 5.5 feet per pace.
That is left foot, right foot, left foot. I see how silly that looks!
Anyway, I'll pace a property counting by 5s then get my square footage and multiply by 1.1.
Works very well.
Especially if someone says I need a price and there is still snow on the ground.

Which btw I prefer not to do!

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
Derek, can you give me that part number from harbor freight. I have searched for it with no luck, maybe im not awake this am