What does it take to get "licensed"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gen2c, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. gen2c

    gen2c LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    I know it varies from state to state but I would like to hear from everyone. When people say licensed do they mean they are an official business with insurance. Or did some states require a physical/written test?
  2. FGM350

    FGM350 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 35

    Here in ct you need a home improvement licence to do any kind of landscaping or change the appearance of a cust. property. But just to do mowing cleanups plowing you are good to go. Just dont forget about insurance!!!
  3. ElephantNest

    ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.
    Messages: 1,878

    Here, we need a business license to mow. Lanscape contractors license to landscape, and horticulturist license to sell plants used in a garden. Check with your local offices.
  4. gen2c

    gen2c LawnSite Member
    Messages: 6

    Sure is nice having knowing I got somewhere to turn to.

Share This Page