• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

What else can go wrong!

Green Quality

LawnSite Member
well in the last month,anything and everthing went wrong!i just have to vent a little, a death in the family,my wife had a seizure,now the state wants to take her driving license away!for a year.just starting OUT this year! trying to get new clients for the year.they all want somthing for nothing,it starting to make me mad!if they only knew what it cost!you give a inch they take a foot.i,m tried of being nice.business is business.I have to be FIRM!AND FAIR FOR ME!I,M GETTING TUFF,THAT THE WAY I,LL BE, IN BUSINESS.FOR NOW ON!

ElephantNest

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Don't let the customers get to you, especially this early in the season. Yes, be firm, and polite as possible.

OP
Green Quality

Green Quality

LawnSite Member
i,m still going to be nice,but firm, when it comes to business,before i would just get walked all over.and like i said (you give a inch,they want a foot.)

Let it Grow

LawnSite Senior Member
If you start giving them breaks now they will EXPECT them in the future. Be firm, tell them your price & don't let them talk you down. Work for what your worth.