What equipment will I need for pond irrigation

Discussion in 'Irrigation Pumps & Supplies' started by jodyscoggins, Jul 6, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    jodyscoggins

jodyscoggins LawnSite Member

Thank you for that suggestion. I contacted our local USDA rep and he said they help with rain water collection system.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

1F0649E2-AA95-4371-AE30-9C527F4FC2F7.jpeg FB071BAC-E3D0-40CD-BAB4-76A571F3F06D.jpeg You’re looking at a conveyance and delivery system more in the order of the above for pastures. Your landscape irrigation can possibly be incorporated into the ag system, especially if you plan your ag needs first AND your landscape/fire needs from the ag.

Good luck, it’s. It that hard.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

knife valve?

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

5. Wet_Boots

I was holding out for a sluice gate.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I work with sluice gates, partials, weirs, spills, syphons, flood, pressure stands and lateral stands. Pretty interesting stuff really.

7. Wet_Boots

I've been looking at some of the equipment in terms of what can be set up to create an oversized syphon, to guide fallen leaves and other organic debris, out of a pond that was dammed up in a small waterway, without said dam having a straight drain line built into it. With only about a ten-foot head to propel the water through the syphon, I don't know if the submerged organic material will get carried along with the water.