What ever happened to Prolockers?

TMlawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
With all the recent DOT clamp downs for compliance, I am suprised that we are not seeing more of these type of securing devices. Prolockers website does not seem to be up anymore? Whats going on and is there some other options rather then straps.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
No offense Richard but I have to disagree. The faststrap are on the right path but they let down by the locking part on the strap. They let go if they were to use a regular ratchet strap lock they would be perfect. With in a week I replaaced their straps and perfected it. When I got my new trailer I got some d-ring screw in clamps and use ratchet straps works good no movement nothing sticking up and I have added tie down spots on the trailer.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
No offense Richard but I have to disagree. The faststrap are on the right path but they let down by the locking part on the strap. They let go if they were to use a regular ratchet strap lock they would be perfect.
That is your right to disagree. I've been using them for the better part of a decade now and I've never had the strap come loose. I've never hit anything but I have had more than one or two panic stops and I believe that is where they're intended to work.

If you read through the DOT regs the intention of any binding device, regardless of what you're binding down, is to secure the cargo in place in any situation short of a collision. The required holding strength is less than 1 G in any direction. In a collision you can have up to and exceeding 50 G.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
I heard alot of good about them, thats why I got them. After I had my issues someone brought up something about old and new designs maybe thats it. Either way as long as everyone's stuff stays put then its all good.

Darryl G

Inactive
If I get in an accident I want my mowers to be thrown clear of it so they don't get damaged. :clapping:

But really...Oregon Pro Lockers are still available. I don't know if they're still making them but they're still available.