Lawn Care Forum banner

What filter to use?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Nate'sLawnCare 
#1 ·
Bought a Gravely ZT HD a few weeks ago, with a 22 Kawasaki engine, hopefully the last mower I will ever buy. Question. I have always believed in OEM filters, but I am looking for input from anyone. Should I get the OEM filter for the Kawasaki or a replacement filter of any kind. Being a Toyota vehicle buyer for years, I have always used Toyota filters, they have a check valve which seems to get oil to the top of the motor quicker than most. Just looking for input, I respect everyone's opinion. My Gravely dealer says they have no preference. Thanks in advance for your responses, I will be on the road and won't be able to respond.

#2 ·
Great decision by buying the gravely. I do lawn care for a living, and ill assure you that it is the greatest mower on the face of this earth for all around price/value, sturdiness, and cut quality.

Bought mine before spring in 2011, put 480 hours on it so far, no problems at all. Never used the choke, even in cold weather.

I mean I mow for a living and it has held up for me just fine, so that should assure you, as a homeowner, that it WILL stand the test of time. Just take care of it.

As far as your filter question, be safe, use the OEM filter. when you clean the filter out, DO NOT spray it with a air hose. tap it a little on the side of something clean and hard surfaced, until theres no dirt.

Regards,
Zack

#5 ·
Just think of it this way - if the OEM filter costs $12 and lasts you 100 hours, your per hour cost is 12 cents. Why cut corners on such a critical item?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.