1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

What footwear works the best?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnVeteran, Jan 21, 2019.

1. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

That's a good idea.

I alternate between a pair of timberland chocorua and asolo TPS 520 GV. I keep them upside down over the hall floor vent so the a/c dries them out inside when not wearing

LawnVeteran and hort101 like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    LawnVeteran

LawnVeteran LawnSite Senior Member

I found a pair that I’m gonna give a go. Composite for hardscaping and flexibility for walking a lot. We will see!

1C2AF2DB-951A-445F-9C5F-043DCCD0CF47.png

JMK26 likes this.
  3. 479mikejones

479mikejones LawnSite Member

Rocky S2V. Available in many different styles. I use their Jungle boot. The insoles are designed with holes in them that create a vacuum effect which makes air circulate. This design will allow a fully saturated boot to walk-dry in 1 hour. They also offer waterproof and steel toed options. They are very comfy.

Doc8406 likes this.
  4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

Solo WB guy here:
    Ventilated midtop goretex hikers for me, cuz when my feet get hot - I get even more ornery. Also, hikers tend to have better offroad tread than work boots. Vasque Breeze Mid GTX = brand owned by Redwing, so they do have actual Redwing versions w/ safety toe last time I checked.

Doc8406 likes this.
  5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I have purchased two pairs of this type shoe. On both of them the soles delaminated within 2 months. One pair was cheap the other was $150.

Walker56 likes this.
  6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Merell mid top tactical
    With side zipper
    They’re pretty amazing

No composite toe tho
    Those are a waste of time really
    Might keep you from stubbing your toe and ouchies but I’ve never seen or read of serious foot injuries where the consensus was the steel toe helped anything in the long run

Doc8406 likes this.
  7. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol...someone mentioned them before, but cheap walmart Brahma Kanes. I got through a pair every 6-8 months. Have had everything from them to sketchers to danners. But they are comfortable from the start with virtually no break in time and are waterproof with steel toe and non slip sole.

8. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

Steve, when i was in the Navy and working on the flight deck, they would issue you one pair of flight deck boots per year. Sad thing was, for the amount the gooberment was paying for them and the sub par quality was horrible.. due to the sole delamination from the rest of the boot, we most times had to use safety wire to sew them back together to make them last till the new ones were issued..

Walker56 and sjessen like this.
  9. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Merrell's and New Balance hiking shoes for really hot humid days.

Walker56 likes this.
  10. tbone1471

tbone1471 LawnSite Member

These were probably the belleville boots. They are one of the compaies that make them for the services. There lower cost boots are terrible but the more expensive ones are great. The 880st are flight deck boots and they have to be the best pair i have ever owned.

Doc8406 likes this.