1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

What footwear works the best?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnVeteran, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

lol wish I could but with these keens being waterproof and then spraying them my feet stay dry. My wife bought a foot powder you sprinkle in your shoes to help you keep from sweating so bad. She say when I come home my feet smell lol. Im like you have a bad sniffer my feet don't stink

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Koehn's Lawn Service

I agree its a miserable feeling and can rub your feet raw and cause problems. I deal with bone spurs that are herendous im about to take a baby sledge and smack them till I break them but than I would probably really be in trouble I went to foot doctor have had shot in my foot and I wear 400 dollar freaking inserts to help the problem ah I love getting old bring it on im coping with it rather well joking of course

jrs.landscaping, Walker56 and hort101 like this.
  4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Last 2 seasons I’ve been buying sketchers work boots that are water resistant for under $100 at kohl’s. I’m Impressed, I can accidentally walk through standing water and my feet stay dry..

My feet were also bothering me for the longest time, seen a foot doctor, told me they were a good choice in boots, and referred a insole they sell.

hort101, Walker56 and Doc8406 like this.
  5. LPSiowa

LPSiowa LawnSite Member

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I used to wear Chippewas, loved them and they held up quite well. The problem I started having was with the volume of trimming I do my knees started aching more and more and just the weight of them would wear me out.

I switched to keen utility boots and I was amazed how much faster I could move and how much better my body felt at the end of the day. They didn't hold up as well as I would have liked (blew the soles out after 8 or so months) but all around I think I'll be moving more towards hiking boots moving forward.

Just ordered a pair of Merrell MOABs and I'm hoping they're everything they're advertised to be.

hort101 likes this.
  7. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

Merrell is a good company.
    I have that same shoe it's been working for me quite well even though they are mountain climbing shoes. I've had them for about 9 - 10 months still in good condition. They really are awesome on steap hills and rough terrain than you would think. One minor problem is that when you wear them all day your feet will be smelly during summer time especially.

jrs.landscaping likes this.
  8. Koehn's Lawn Service

Join the crowd with the inserts mine were special made from foot doctor 400 dollars but hey thanks for the input on sketchers boots you day at kohl's im.going to check those out they are not steel toed are they

9. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I’m starting to wear flip flops
    Hoping I can get cancer of the foot while spraying round up so I can jump on the gimme free money gravy train

LPSiowa likes this.