1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

What footwear works the best?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnVeteran, Jan 21, 2019.

1. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I'd much rather be broke and cancer free then rich and sick.

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Isn’t everyone who’s rich, sick in someway?

How many people with cancer do you honestly believe got it from their questionable if any exposure to glyphosphate?

I have yet to see a claim from an actual professional who used it regularly in a day to day buisiness over 20 plus years.

3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

My feet are pretty rotten no matter what shoes I wear in the summer so no real problem there :p

Mownmachine144 likes this.
  4. BigJlittleC

from Chicago

That would depend on your definition of rich and sick.
    Well the courts say I believe it's 2 at this point.

if that's your bar....

5. TPendagast

Male

No
    The courts don’t say anything
    The jury -who like to make free awards because common folk hate big companies and think we should all get part of their money- said so.

Yes that’s the threshold
    How is it people all over the world , using it for 40 plus years on a regular basis and in some cases over multiple generations in the same family aren’t getting cancer when some random guy with a brief experience with the product has cancer and it’s clearly glyphosphates fault?

Man that sounds like the science that proves global warming at work to me there.
    Never mind test subjects and replicatable instances in controlled environment... or the fact there was no one around to record the last Ice age for comparison...
    or you know the fact that in 1977 scientists said the planet was COOLING at an alarming rate from 1940-1968 (according to the article in time magazine).... nope it’s global warming and cancer I says!

See?
    That’s why flip flops make the perfect work shoe.

jonthepain and GreenscapeCT like this.
  6. BigJlittleC

from Chicago

Unfortunately the jury is part of the court so yes the courts said it did.

Doesn't matter why the jury went the way it did. There is now two legal court rulings that makes the legal precedent.

But all this is worthless when your original post was I should get cancer so I can get rich. What does matter is that your foolish to say something like that as I'm sure you really don't won't cancer. If your statement was anything more then just your crack at humor. Your either a foolish greedy person that's willing to sacrifice himself for some money or not right all together. Either way I would advise you to seek professional help as either line of think clearly shows a mental defect.

7. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Interesting commentary on the first award by Matt Martin.

8. TPendagast

Male

It was clearly cracking jokes

Foolish and greedy is blaming a product tested world wide for 40 years for your cancer

9. BigJlittleC

from Chicago

Which you could have state instead of your dribble of a response. Instead it comes off that just cause you think gly is harmless these lawsuits had no merits.

Personally I don't think gly was the cause in these cases but I'm not a scientist, doctor or lawyer. I'm a pesticide applicator so I'll take necessary precautions to limit my exposure.

10. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

I use muck chores for spray apps, pretty comfortable considering. I buy my daily mow/work boots from sportsmansguide dot com. I get their fully waterproof including uppers with leather show area, whatever that's called for around $55. Guide gear is the brand name . They are comfortable and last me a season or a little longer. Been using them for 10 years at least. Few years ago I was needed new boots was going to buy American just to do it. Comparable was around $300. Just couldn't swing it. Maybe they would last 6 times as long, don't know. Hard to find American made work boots imo.

hort101 likes this.