Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
I think that this one will get the job done.

BR,

~TW
Looked Online New Raptors are about 47k starting out. A Chevy 2500 LT Duramax is about the same price and I'd rather have the diesel. Thinking about getting the New Duramax when it comes out soon

Looked Online New Raptors are about 47k starting out. A Chevy 2500 LT Duramax is about the same price and I'd rather have the diesel. Thinking about getting the New Duramax when it comes out soon
I did see the 17' 6.6L Duramax has 900 ft/lbs of torque:weightlifter: . I guess I'd need to get a Class A. I'm really curious about the 2.8L though...If it proves itself it'd be the bee's knees (for me).

BR,

~TW

Reactions: Bumpmaster
I did see the 17' 6.6L Duramax has 900 ft/lbs of torque:weightlifter: . I guess I'd need to get a Class A. I'm really curious about the 2.8L though...If it proves itself it'd be the bee's knees (for me).

BR,

~TW
On some of the bigger ones like the 1 tons that pull 30,000 pounds some people have to put a not for hire sticker on the side and your fine to use it. I don't think the big 3 would be making trucks that powerful if you couldn't legally use all the pulling power of the truck

Reactions: TrainingWheels
On some of the bigger ones like the 1 tons that pull 30,000 pounds some people have to put a not for hire sticker on the side and your fine to use it. I don't think the big 3 would be making trucks that powerful if you couldn't legally use all the pulling power of the truck
I'm sure that we'll be Crossing the Rubicon of 1000 torques very soon.....You think Ford?

Please, post us some photos when you get the new truck! I love that hood scoop....That's been absent for too long.

BR,

~TW

Reactions: River
On some of the bigger ones like the 1 tons that pull 30,000 pounds some people have to put a not for hire sticker on the side and your fine to use it.
And if you're involved in commerce, the sticker doesn't matter. It is a commercial vehicle. Pulling mowers around is commerce. Pulling a skidsteer for landscaping is commerce. Pulling a fert spreader is commerce. Pulling a dump trailer with topsoil for a customer is commerce.

Has nothing to do with 30,000# towing capacity either.

And in reality, those guys that have that on the side of their race car haulers could be involved in commerce, if they win and receive money. Like it or not, it is possible.

Reactions: River
You don't need a one ton diesel to pull 8,000 lbs!!!
No one is stating you need a diesel to tow 8k. It's not even the title of the thread.

put some electric brakes on and you will be just fine
In many states, any trailer with a GVWR over 3,500#s is required to have electric brakes, especially used commercially.

I'm sure that we'll be Crossing the Rubicon of 1000 torques very soon.....You think Ford?

Please, post us some photos when you get the new truck! I love that hood scoop....That's been absent for too long.

BR,

~TW
The hood scoop actually has a purpose and isnt for show which i like about them. Heard they wont be availible till next spring because of all the demand and i guess they are on backorder or something

Reactions: TrainingWheels
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.