What happened to Lawn Solutions??

Landscraper1

LawnSite Senior Member
I know they were bought out by Toro but, weren't they supposed to continue as Lawn Solutions brand also. I have been trying to get info on the ride on aerator. Last I saw, was a picture of it in red with Exmark labels. I went on the Lawn Solutions website and its gone.
Does anyone know what is going on??

pugs

LawnSite Gold Member
I have seen the products in Toro colors in the latest Toro dealer update. I really dont know who is going to be handling them though. We are a Toro LCE dealer which means we do the commercial mowers only(LCE = Landscape Contractor Equipment). The golf course mowers/equipment is a different division as is the homeowner stuff and even the dingo machines are seperate. So this new equipment could be a whole new division or they may shove it in with LCE or one of the others but I have yet to see any info on it.

OP
Landscraper1

Landscraper1

LawnSite Senior Member
It's frustrating. I demoed the ride on aerator last spring. I contacted my dealer a few months after to purchase. Dealer informs me that he can't get his hands on it now because, Toro purchased the line. I talked to the Toro dealer in my area and he doesn't know what's going on either.
In my opinion this has been the worst buy out I have ever seen. When Husqvarna bought out Bluebird, they never skipped a beat.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Yep Lawn Solutions had some issues for sure.

SouthSide Cutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well that figures, bought a 24 Revitalizer last year. Had some problems with it that I fixed with a torch and welder. Works great now. But they were to send me the new parts, where they made updates to what I done. Probably wont be able to buy parts now either. Just another fancy 3000 dollar piece of chit in my shop when the blades wear out.

Turf Dawg

LawnSite Gold Member
It's frustrating. I demoed the ride on aerator last spring. I contacted my dealer a few months after to purchase. Dealer informs me that he can't get his hands on it now because, Toro purchased the line. I talked to the Toro dealer in my area and he doesn't know what's going on either.
In my opinion this has been the worst buy out I have ever seen. When Husqvarna bought out Bluebird, they never skipped a beat.
Most of the time when someone buys or adds, like say Husqvarna, all they are really doing is becoming a "parent company" and the others keep building and selling.

To my understanding when Toro bought Lawnsoultions they more or less closed down where he was building them and had to set up a production line at their location, so basically they are starting from scratch.

My dealer rep was not sure but he said he heard they should be ready for release between April-June.

If this is something that everyone thinks is a good machine they should probably be thankful, because when they do get them to the dealers you should have more access to parts, R&D, dealer fixing them under warranty, ect......

http://www.outdoorpowerequipment.com/ME2/Audiences/dirmod.asp?sid=D8F75093CB80404FA422448FA5AD3D84&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=AB851E42CD70474C896A20A4EC85BA29

Turf Management

LawnSite Member
I am buying the ride on aerator this spring. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I believe my dealer had said it will be $7,500 but that was with some pre-order discount. It may have just been a sales pitch get me to commit to it though. Nonetheless, as far as I'm aware Toro should have them for sale in the spring and your dealer should be able to place an order now.