1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

what happens if they cancel?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 9, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

for you guys that use a flat monthly rate for billing, and get a little up front, how do you handle cancellations? here is an example: at the begging of the year, they sign up for scu @ $200, 30 mows @$30 ea=$900. fcu@$300. fert program @$300. so, i add it all up =$1700. i divide this by 10, and get 10 equal payments of $170, all due by the 1st of the 10 months. now, we don't actually start working till april, but i get a payment march 1st, and april 1st, so i'm way ahead of them. so what would happen if.....your client on this payment arrangement cancelled in , let's say, mid july. at this point, you would have collected from them $850 in fees to date. you would have completed- scu@$200. 13 grasscuts @$30 ea=$390. 2 fert apps, 1 pre -em, one broadleaf post, and usually a surface feeding insect app. these can't be broken down, fert programs are sold as full programs only. how do you come to a "settlement" on who gets what? also, the prices were based on a seasonal pkg, if the relationship is severed, there is no longer a seasonal pkg, should the prices on each item be raised a bit? thank you

2. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

i would put in the contract that once they cancel there are no refunds. That would be good so that you wont lose money and you dont have to put in a cancelation fee. Will help on the amount of cancels that you get a year i would think.

3. BALDEAGLE

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

I charge for all services rendered up to that point, at up to 25% increase.(as if they were one time gigs). like you said, no pkg.---no pkg. prices.
    if they happen to have paid over...too bad.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i like it.........