Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try to think about going to the bank. Remember what it was like when you were making some one else all the money and you were just the hourly employee. Now it is your name on the bank account. If that does not do it, close your doors.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The fact that monday, tuesday, wed, thur, fri, sat and sunday are no different from march to oct. and then then then ( cant wait) november we mow 2x and dec- feb 1x. That is what motivates me. Steelhead fishing and snow sports.

·
Registered
850 Posts
For me the thought of earning that green cash is plenty, that and the smell of 2 stroke exhaust every day, I just love that smell for some reason. if that dont motivate me, something is SERIOUSLY wrong that day. I just cant get enough of working outdoors all day, its just fun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get up extra early, sounds crazy, I know, listen to your favorite CD or music, and always keep telling yourself, the faster I get started, the faster I get done. I always have said you make the most money mowing in the first two hours of the day. Get a good start, then you're ahead all day. If you start off slow, the day seems to drag on forever, and this is the wrong time of year for that.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Knowing that I'm being able to give my wife and son everything in the world they could want that I didn't have, and the knowledge of how to work hard and smart to obtain those things. That and never having to work for someone else ever again!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
It is in the blood, cranking 52" eXmark and start cutting, I even cut in my dream what to say. Oh well, if not because of hard-work, back-breaking perseverance, I would not have had house and boat to enjoy at all, you have to love what you do to be able to stay and thrive.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I start every day by running 2 or 3 miles and cranking up some loud music on my way to and from the track. Mondays are easy, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are hard, Thursdays get a little easier because its almost Friday, and Fridays usually beat my alarm clock getting up because I cant wait to get the weekend started. I always like the feeling on Friday afternoon when I close the gate on the last lawn knowing I just started "my time" for the next two days. That thought is usually what gets me going every morning.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Cranking up Van Halen. :p

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I look at the stack of bills on the desk and my twins fighting and arguing makes me ready to get going. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.