• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

what i saw today, UNBELIEVABLE!

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
i pull up to do an estimate, a referel from a long time customer. the neighbor has a lawnservice there working(on a sunday). this is what i saw: a van, with an out of state license plate.about 50 bags of debris lining the curb from the cleanup. two mexicans, get this....one has a 5 gal bucket full of lime, he is spreading it by throwing it around with his hands. another guy has a 5 gal bucket of dimension(i watched him pour it, from the bag to the bucket) he is following the lime guy, he's doing the same thing, spreading it by hand. the wind is blowing the lime right at me and my customer, and i make a comment, "that is the stupidest thing i ever saw, are you nuts?" and they all just stand there looking at me. pathetic, really stupid. my client tells me his neighbor has had these guys for years

LB Landscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
LMAO, a little bit here, a little bit there. OOOOPPPPPPPPS I think he missed a spot. Bobby you can bet that when you land that account the neighbors won't be far behind..

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
that is the million dollar question...how did their lawn look?

stslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
i agree, how did there lawn look, you should look into there company and see if they are licensed etc

charlies

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by stslawncare
you should look into there company and see if they are licensed etc

i think you should mind your own business and not worry about what the jones' are doing.

OP
B

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
the lawns here havn't really started growing yet, so it's hard to tell. i swear i was so tempted to take down the plate number and call the dep, but i'm not sure i want to be that way. i'll own half that neighborhood by the time sept comes

Doster's L & L

LawnSite Senior Member
I agree with charles. Mind YOUR OWN Business!!

Bobby, you will have this neighborhood soon as long as these people are not tight wad, price shoppers. I'm sure the taco eaters are lowballin like crazy.